CIUHCT aims at unveiling the importance of the history of science, technology and medicine in the construction of European citizenship and identity, particularly by focusing on Portuguese case-studies and by bringing them to the international scene.
• Experts, Institutions and Globalization – EIG – addresses the role of experts and institutions in contemporary world, through an historical narrative that focus on the co-production of techno-scientific knowledge, its forms of circulation/appropriation and its interaction with political agendas.
• Instruments and Practices, Visual and Material Cultures – IPVMC – addresses how scientific and technical practices interact with material culture, by looking at a set of objects, institutions and sites of knowledge.
Special attention is given to the effects of geographical and geo-political contingency.
• Applied Surface Science
• Atomic and Molecular Interactions
• Functional Molecular Systems
• Solar Pumped Laser
• Applied Cold Plasmas
• Vacuum technology and metrology